DAY04: Odaiba

Friday, January 3, 2020

Continuing on to the last leg of our Tokyo 2019 trip, we went to Odaiba. On what was supposed to be the highlight and most looked forward to, which is the Teamlab Borderless, became a walkathon and unexpected shopping galore. What a sad moment for all of us including our pockets. I am really sorry for all the hurt this may have caused my companions. 😭

On our last day, we were kind of lax and we just took our time taking a bath and all that stuff, since our itinerary for the day is just around Odaiba - the Gundam statue, Teamlab Borderless, and more outlet stores to name few.

Before heading to Odaiba, we wanted to splurge on the last day and eat on a legit Yakiniku restaurant. It's called Yakiniku Fukuju and it's a really nice and romantic atmosphere to it.

We roamed around Venus Fort first and we were so sidetracked by shopping (almost everything was half priced!!) that we didn't notice that the time had already gone by so quickly. We  booked tickets to TeamLab Borderless in advance on their website and failed to research thoroughly on its closing time. I tried searching it and it said 9PM. To our surprise, we were there 7 or 7:30 on the dot and hello, surprise surprise! The last batch were already heading out. Ridiculous. For a moment there I thought they were never going to speak to me again. What a sad sad day.

To relieve the tension, we searched for other things  we could do around the area and the internet lead us to the Takoyaki Museum. It's a small "takoyaki food park" inside a mall and it has lots of takoyaki trinkets and other stuff. I never really liked Takoyaki before because all the least priced ones here in PH are veggie tako and *vomits* its existence was the whole reason why I never ate tako before this. To my surprise, though, I was introduced to a whole other world of 'not-a-veggie-takoyaki' and it changed me. It changed the way I see this food. Before, every tako I come across would automatically be eww even if the tentacles are already coming out of it. After eating a legit Japanese Takoyaki, I never viewed them as same species ever again.

Lastly, another last minute thing that happened (why did we do everything at the last minute??) is the unicorn gundam. We were around the area at around 8:45 or so and we were taking pictures then suddenly it moved. I tried taking a video of it and everything was happening real fast and to my surprise, I wasn't able to capture the transformation because my phone was on front cam the whole time. That transformation was the last one for the night and the lights were turned off after that.
We did everything last minute so we were able to do or rather not do the things we were supposed to do on time. Wow girl, next time, plan carefully.

Post a Comment